- Eliminates or reduces muscle pain
- Relaxes overused and tired muscles
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Improves quality of sleep
- Relieves migraines and headaches
- Soothes anxiety and depression
- Boosts immunity
- Increases energy and promotes concentration
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Improves balance in older adults
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces chemotherapy nausea
Before you can decide which massage style is best for you, you need to ask yourself a question. Do you simply want a massage for relaxation and stress control? Or do you need symptom relief or help with a certain health condition? Before booking a massage, let the therapist know what you're looking for and ask which style the therapist uses. Many use more than one style. Or the therapist may customize your massage, depending on your age, condition, or any special needs or goals you have.
What follows is a list of some of the more popular massage therapy styles.